On 12/20/2010 8:03 PM, Mahesh T. Pai wrote:
Hi all.

How do you take backups of the address book / call logs / SMSes / apps
on your Android phone?

Does maker / brand make any difference here?

I want actual experiences please. And my place is exclusive GNU/Linux,
so sotware on the PC has to be FLOSS, preferably in Debian main.

I am fed up of having to research a handset every time I change one,
and planning to change over to Android in spite of the stiff (for a
poor guy like me - a low end Android costs about one months' take
home) prices.

Thanks in advance.

I am using Android 2.1. The contacts can be exported to a single *.vcf file on the external micro SD card.

G. Palaniappan