< first i would like to suggest for that much traffic you need more channel
then 32
< recently i installed one of my project at BPTP
< you should also discuss about coat effectiveness
< also tell more details so i can suggest you better
< mail me detail about your project

Regards
Vikash Ruhil
Infosec consultant
Xiarch Solutions Pvt Ltd.

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 9:45 PM, Niyaz Ahmad <lists.ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Friends,
>
> I need your suggestion for the following scenario.
>
> An e-commerce company, largely in tourism, has its own in-house 24x7
> customer support facility.
> It provides support to its customers through phone and email.
>
> Its a 30-seats call-center, having only in-bound calls.
> Presently they are using a Nortel based system which seems aging.
> They have a 32-channel Reliance & MTNL PRI line (Reliance line is primary).
> I don't know about the PRI-Card/Server.
> The Nortel system provided a real time monitoring, call bargin and call
> recording facilities.
> Nortel system also provides detailed report of each call hitting their
> lines.
> The management demands a report based on these details on daily basis.
> Each call center agent uses a Nortel based IP phone through which he/she
> receives/mutes/unmutes/transfers calls.
> The call center usually receives 5000-6000 calls everyday, which may reach
> 9000 in peak seasons.
>
> I plan to propose an Asterisk based system for their call center.
> I have never implemented/installed Ansterisk based system.
>
> While contemplating Asterisk as a potential candidate, I assume:
> 1) The company would need to buy a linux supported PRI card (I guess its
> called FXO card).
> 2) Call-center agents can use Soft IP phones on a linux based pc which will
> allow call barging/transfer/recording.
> 3) Asterisk can provide facilities of call barging, call transfer, call
> recording and detailed report of each landing call.
>
> I have the following queries:
> 1) Are my assumptions correct?
> 2) What hardware (configuration) would be required for this kind of load?
> 3) Please suggest hardware requirement for call recording separately.
> 4) Is there any IT company in Delhi that can implement and provide 24x7
> support to this
> Asterisk based setup.
>

> Thank you all,
>
> Niyaz