On 05/27/2011 01:16 PM, Vivek Kapoor wrote:
I may have been a bit unclear. By referring to the IMAP client, I wasn't
referring to the device itself. I was referring to the Blackberry
Internet Service which the service providers such as Vodafone and Airtel
provide to their blackberry customers.

ah ok, in which case IDLE wont help, the BIS instances dont support that till their 2010 Jan release ( or so the guy sitting next to me, who set this up for a 500K userbase says ).

he also says that the expected poll frequency in the > Jan 2010 BIS instances is 15 to 120 minutes depending on capacity and load. post Jan 2010 it can be configured ( by the network operator) There is some IDLE support in these newer instances, but it seems that very few network operators run that at this time.

( just communicating what I'm being told )

- KB