On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 6:50 PM, Balwinder S Dheeman <bdhee...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 05/10/2012 04:06 PM, Arun Tomar wrote:
> > ISPunity : Unite all your internet connections.
> > website: http://www.ispunity.com
> > github: https://github.com/aruntomar/isp_unity
> > rubygems: https://rubygems.org/gems/ispunity
> > twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/ispunity
> >
> > ISPunity is a open source application, built to integrate (load
> > balance & failover) multiple internet connections simultaneously.
> >
> > With IspUnity, you can
> >
> >     Use multiple internet connections simultaneous and get all their
> > throughput.
> >     Automatic failover on working net connection if any on the
> > internet connection goes down.
> >
> > ISPunity can be used by individuals or SME or Enterprises.
>
> Good job indeed, though a dependency on ruby seems to be an overkill to
> me; IMHO, all system level or command line tools, scripts and, or
> utilities should be light weight, whereas your ISPUnity thing is far
> from K.I.S.S. and, or Unix philosophy.
>
> BTW, did not you bother to look at what's already available on the
> Internet? If, not please do look at http://www.zeroshell.net/eng/ -- A
> complete Linux distribution for servers and embedded devices aimed at
> providing the main network services a LAN requires i.e. Router, Bridge
> and, or Firewall including Load Balancing and Fail-over of multiple
> Internet connections and many more things.
>
> --
> Balwinder S "bdheeman" Dheeman
> (http://werc.homelinux.net/contact/)

Great application.. Just few months back somebody asked me this question
that can we have multiple connection on a single computer and i was
confused in ethernet and NIC and all... but now i can tell them that YES
there is a solution for that.

But just to get the knowledge can you explain the theory behind it?? If
possible here...

--
Regards
RAKESH KUMAR