On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 6:32 PM, Balwinder S Dheeman <bdhee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/11/2012 10:33 AM, Shiv wrote:

That is rather silly. Would you care to explain your logic there? From
the face of your arguments, any seemingly small task, if accomplished
by a Ruby script, is bloatware? Then I have committed that mistake
many times.

Or is it the presence a test suite, a project folder structure, usage
of standard build infrastructure like Rake etc. that offends you? Much
of it is automated in Ruby land, and even if it were not, you should
be thankful that someone took out the time to do all that for an open
source project.

You may be content in the land of shell scripts and C binaries, and
may even be "real programmer" enough to not need any supporting
infrastructure, however Ruby is one of the best languages around,
suitable for any task regardless of its size. Just because you don't
like it, doesn't give you leeway to belittle people who do.

-- Anupam