I 'd say, one day, or one decade, nothing is enough to master Linux.
Having said that,
You could read about,

General knowledge base.

   - What is Open Source Software ?
   - GNU - what is ?
   - How does GPL work ?
   - What is Unix and What is Linux ?
   - The interesting story behind the origin of Linux

Linux knowledge base.

   - Types of File systems in Linux.
   - The basic directory hierarchy and relevance of each directory, for
   example /proc/, /root, /home, /var, /etc
   - File permissions. What is read, write and execute., type of files.
   - Shells - Bash, KSH
   - If possible try installing a Redhat/Ubuntu from a CD/DVD into your
   machine, learn about GRUB or LILO, SWAP file system.
   - Read about Unix Sockets.
   - Try some basic commands, ls, ln, chmod, chown. etc.
   - Detecting/Playing with external devices. Importance of dmesg command.
   - ALSA/PULSEAUDIO - basic knowledge
   - GCC
   - How to use aliases in BASH.
   - Try writing a few BASH scripts.

Additionally, Google for some Linux interview questions.

Pawan, since you have not mentioned Linux in your resume, they should not
ask you questions of an expert level. If they know that you have declared
that you have ZERO knowledge about Linux, and still they called you despite
knowledge of Linux being a requirement, means your resume exhibits that you
have quick learning capabilities. Mostly in jobs with vibrant companies,
you are required to learn things and work on them with a very less ramp up
time.

Best,
Amar

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 1:28 AM, Pawan Kumar <koomarpa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Guys,
> Thanks for the reply.
> I am certainly aware that I can't learn Linux in 2 days.What i meant is
> that atleast I shud be able to answer basic linux qns.
> And lemme know that I have not mentioned in my resume about Linux.Its just
> that rqmt is such that they want a resource with some linux knowledge.
> Thats why i sought your help.
> Hope,I hv cleared all your doubts,please do help me to learn basics of
> linux,...just to clear intv.
>

> On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 6:05 PM, Raakesh kumar <kumar3...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > [...]
> > On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 4:34 PM, Pawan Kumar <koomarpa...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Everyone,
> > > I am working with Wipro,3+ exp as perl developer and i hv to attend
> > Oracle
> > > intv on Monday.They are expecting me to have Linux knowledge
> also.Please
> > > help me with an useful source of intv ques which I can prepare in 2
> days.
> > >
> > [/...]
> > I am not willing to hurt you personally but even after having 3+ years of
> > experience you are asking to learn an operating system in 2 days while it
> > takes years to learn it properly. But in your case what i can understand
> is
> > since Oracle is an anti-FOSS company they wont ask you any core technical
> > question in that but general use like development, setting environments
> for
> > development etc and that largely depends upon the profile you have
> applied
> > for and it seems that you have provided wrong information in your resume.
> >

> > --
> > Regards
> > RAKESH KUMAR
> > http://raakeshkumar.wordpress.com
> >

> --
> Regards,
>
> Pawan Kumar
> New Delhi
> koomarpa...@gmail.com
> 91-9540172939

Thank you...

*Amar Akshat (アマール)*

 *"Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy
if both are frozen."*