On Dec 25, 2005, at 16:55, Stuart Saunders wrote:

I am getting fed up with the fan noise from my rev 1 20" G5 / 10.4.3
It is running all the time, even on cool days, and I guess it will probably increase as summer comes. As I have said before, it is not so much a 'wind' sound but more a mechanical noise.

Hum, I had problems like that as well.

I turned out to be that the roster on the bottom of the computer was full of dust. Removed it and everything is back to normal.

Any help?

Got me stumped. What's a "roster"? I have this machine and had the same problem, but it seems to have righted itself.

--
Terry McCune