From: Stuart Saunders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I am getting fed up with the fan noise from my rev 1 20" G5 / 10.4.3
It is running all the time, even on cool days, and I guess it will
probably increase as summer comes. As I have said before, it is not
so much a 'wind' sound but more a mechanical noise.

Are other owners having this problem?
Anybody know if Apple has done anything about it, or any other
solutions?

That's not normal and you should not be putting up with it.

Try a PRAM reset, and if that doesn't solve the problem try an Open Firmware reset.

If neither of those work, it will probably be necessary to take the machine in for servicing. Happily, the two cures I've proscribed (if you need descriptions of the procedures, check Apple's support site) will fix you up in most cases.

Cheers
Chas