>>> I am honestly stunned at the tone of defiance in your note and the
>>> lack of respect you are displaying towards many other members on
>>> the list

Umm, who gives a crap?

>> Yet those who call top-posters ignorant etc. are equally lacking in
>> respect for many OTHER membes of the list. Very good reasons have
>> been put forward for that (and I prefer that those who won't trim
>> top-post, though I don't do it myself - I also won't scroll).

Umm, who gives a crap?

>I have not called anybody ignorant.  In the quote you pasted above, I
>was referring to the note that Jim posted following a note from a
>list nanny.   She had specifically informed him that there was a LEM
>list policy against top posting and yet he chose to respond to her
>note directly by top posting.

Umm, who gives a crap?

Bottom posting and top posting are both idiotic on a mail list--everyone has
received the previous message, there is no reason to quote it in full at the
bottom or the top.  Quoting within a message only the part that is being
replied to is helpful, however.

Spending two days and numerous posts to discussing bottom or top posting rules
of ANOTHER list is, however, still entirely stupid.

So anyone got an Intel iMac yet?

Anyone in the Philly area want a 1.8 G5 20" with two years of Applecare for
$1700 or so?

Jason