>Also, can the RAM be upgraded to 512 MB?  Applespecs say
>they will only take 2 128 MB RAM chips.

Read this from LEM:
RAM: 32 MB, expandable to 384 MB using SO-DIMM SDRAM (3.3V,
unbuffered, 64-bit, 144-pin, 100 MHz or faster, 10ns) in two DIMM
sockets (256 MB on top, 128 MB on bottom), top DIMM socket accepts 2"
DIMM, bottom socket takes 1.5" DIMM
* The exact amount a Rev. A-D iMac can be upgraded varies from unit to
unit. We have field reports of some models accepting 256 MB modules in
both memory socket and reaching 512 MB - and other reports of early
iMacs that won't work at all with 256 MB modules. There appears to be
no way to know in advance whether a particular iMac will work with a
certain sized memory module.

My advice find a shop that sells RAM with a return policy and buy two
256 MB DIMMS and try it. If it dosn't work send one back and buy a 128
MB DIMM