We have a Blueberry 350 MHz iMac.  Recently it has developed monitor
problems.  I boot up and the screen is black.  At first I thought the
monitor is shot. But when I used the O.S.9 disk to start up I got something
I could see.  Very dark but I managed to get into the monitor control panel
and play with different setting. (It also booted up with visible screen
when starting with Norton disk.) Then I booted and got a working monitor -
but the top menu fonts seemed a little squished.

Since then we have gone through this senario or variations many times.  I
tried it in gray tone and that worked for a while - but then back to black.
Back to start-up disk, settings - the latest is a tone, first it was blue,
now it is green - but a tone over the screen's otherwise white setting
(doesn't seem to matter if I've set the monitor to gray or color) - It's
the tone that gives it color.

Any thoughts on what the problem is and if I might be able to fix it?

My thanks in advance.

Flanzy

http://www.monroestreetbooks.com
Monroe Street Books (Dick & Flanzy Chodkowski)
70 Monroe Street, Middlebury, Vermont 05753-1534
ph: 802-398-2200         fax 802-388-1608
ph after regular hours: 802-388-1622