On Feb 4, 2006, at 2:38 PM, chasm wrote:

To be blunt, you are a simmering cauldron of misinformation and FUD.

.Mac IS NOT REQUIRED to use iLife. Tiger IS NOT REQUIRED to use iLife (nor is it updated yearly). You do not have to buy iWorks to use iLife OR vice versa.

Huh?? I never said that. I said if you wanted all the goodies, that's what it cost. Not that they were all required.

And that each could be considered cheap on its own, but they add up. (Though I'll admit, I never pay list, so I exaggerated a bit there.)

As for your statements of what you seem to think I think, again, HUH???

I have .Mac because I want to sync our family's computers and use homepage, not because I "have to" have it to use iLife. (And where was that coming from, anyway? We were talking about iWork here, not iLife.)

I have Tiger because my husband REALLY wanted spotlight & other goodies. Not because he "needed it" to run iLife.

I have iLife (not 06 yet, but my husband's chomping at the bit) because we use iPhoto and he uses iMovie.

I don't have iWork and have no need or desire to, and (therefore) it's certainly not worth $79 to me. Even if $79 is cheap in your book. In my book, while I can easily afford it, it's not something I spend for something I don't need.

Where's the fear? Where's the uncertainty? Where's the doubt? You read WAY more of all that into my post than I ever wrote.

Anne