I personally don't think it matters where the call centre is, unless they
are trying to sell me something. Good tech support is based on having well
trained staff with enough resources to answer your questions, and good
management. You can have this in India, but the move to India indicates they
are trying to cut costs, and that means that they don't value tech support,
and thus usually means they are not going to train there staff or give them
the resources. Telephone support is annoying full stop. The best
implementation of support I have seen was on the Iomega site when you had
live chat with a tech support representative over the internet, 24/7. It
allows you to do other things while waiting and is less inconvenient. But it
still doesn't help unless the person on the other end can answer your
questions. I asked where drivers for my zip drive were and they say it was
unsupported because it was about 10 years old. But then I found them on
their ftp site.