At the risk of revealing my utter ignorance I have to ask for help. I've been a
Mac user since '91 and truth to tell, my knowledge extends only to the very
basics. I constantly use my G3. It magically repairs itself when mishaps occur
- but I'll be darned if I understand why or how.

I currently have a G3 and expect to purchase a G5 Intel Core Duo 2. I know that
the Duo elimates Classic; what will the impact be on the files I would want to
Firewire over to the Duo? Some of my files were created in OS 9.2. Will I lose
items? What are the compatiblily issues? What else I should be aware of before
I go ahead and take this step?

Many thanks,
Judith