Hi

I have an Intel iMac (2006 model) and it started doing the same thing.

Then it started slowing down, hanging and panicking. Then the internal hard
drive stopped being recognised. Then it gave up the ghost permanently.

The DC board burnt out - taking the hard drive and logic board with it.

It may not be the case for you. Have you tried checking the disc in disk
utility? repair permissions and verify disc. Also check the RAM is seated
properly.

Simon

---

I haven't noticed any other oddities with this machine: no panics or
slow running. It is a 20-incher from mid 2007 and has had a 300GB disk
fitted by the previous owner. It is running 10.5.6 and has 3GB 667 MHz
DDR2 SDRAM. It started up perfectly this morning but yesterday I had
to use the off button to do a restart. It began doing this roughly two
months ago.

Regards
Susan