If it won't even boot into the Firmware, it's not the HD. Even without
the HD the screen should come on, and you should be able to boot it
into the Firmware with any keyboard.
It almost sounds like the power supply; but before you go opening it
up and voiding your warranty, (Even if it is just the HD) take it to
Apple. If they won't fix it, then you can do it yourself.

        -Elliott Price
Mac Computer Repair - Santa Barbara
Graphic Design - Artwork Setup
Websites - Low Cost Custom Websites