> On Oct 2, 2009, at 12:43 PM, Cliff Rediger wrote:
> > The WMR968 has a serial port (9pin)
> > so I bought a serial/usb adapter.
> > Weather Tracker does not "see" the port.

Thank you Bruce & Fabian,

I downloaded Zterm but it doesn't seem the serial port.
Even tried connecting the WMR968 to my miniG4
and downloaded the Classic Zterm. Still nothing.
not sure if my adapter is null-modem
Not sure exactly how to use Zterm but it doesn't indicate that it's
finding a serial port.

>On Oct 5, 9:03 pm, Fabian Fang <f...@mac.com> wrote:
> With respect to Weather Tracker, you are serving as a beta tester for
> an unfinished product, whose company is not responsive to your
> communications.

I realize that budget consideration may have led to a wrong choice.
There's another app our of NZ  Weather-Display that is well supported
but they have only a 10.5 version in Mac.

> You did not identify the "serial/usb adapter" that you bought

US232R-100 USB to RS232 Converter, 1m from EasySinc
<http://apple.clickandbuild.com/cnb/shop/ftdichip?op=catalogue-
products-null&prodCategoryID=84&title=USB-+RS232+%2B+DB9>
they also provide a driver download

> Such devices are known to be problematic under Mac OS X.  I
> have had good experience with several old Keyspan adapters.  The
> current model USA-19HS is marketed by TrippLite:
> <http://www.tripplite.com/en/products/model.cfm?txtModelID=3914>

As a last ditch effor, I'll give the Keyspan a try.

May well end up that I need to change the whole set up.

thanks for the as-always sage advise and direction

Cliff