On Oct 9, 5:21 pm, Bruce Johnson <john...@pharmacy.arizona.edu> wrote:
> On Oct 9, 2009, at 9:13 AM, Cliff Rediger wrote:
>
> > I downloaded Zterm but it doesn't seem the serial port.
> > Even tried connecting the WMR968 to my miniG4
> > and downloaded the Classic Zterm. Still nothing.
> > not sure if my adapter is null-modem
> > Not sure exactly how to use Zterm but it doesn't indicate that it's
> > finding a serial port.
>
> That really sounds like either the usb-serial adapter is broken or not
> Mac compatible. I KNOW the Keyspan works; its recommended for all the
> serial applications for Macs I've seen.
> --

This sounds to me like a driver issue, I have used generic USB to
serial converters, however in the 'raw' mode they still need to be
connected as a USB device, what you need is a driver that will
enumerate (I think that is the right term) a serial port (so you have
a virtual COM-1 that is mapped to your converter) as most serial
programs expect to see a named com port.
If the program you are using has a USB option then that may well see
the device through the converter, I have done this with USB GPS
programs to connect to a serial GPS unit.
Ben.