I just find that using Vienna (I used NNW before they took out
MobileMe sync) makes it much easier for me to control my feeds and
makes it a much more enjoyable experience to read them.

Off course, you may find Mail fine. But to me, an e-mail program is
exactly that. An email program. Designed for reading email. Not Notes.
Not To-Do's. Not RSS. E-mail.

If you only have 1 or 2 that you check, I guess I can understand
running it through Mail, but I have basically 50 feeds I check every
morning. I find much more control available in Vienna and NNW
(NetNewsWire) than in Mail.

And thats my AU$0.02 worth!

cjc