On Dec 1, 2009, at 9:14 PM, Christian Wacker wrote:

> SNIP!
> Keep in mind that you should only get a 120GB hard drive as this
> Mac cannot see past the first 8GB of a drive.
>

> Not true, the OS needs to be installed on the first 8gb, but it can
> see everything after that too, if you have it partioned as a
> seperate drive (I know this because mine runs OSX on a 40gb drive,
> first 8 have the OS, last 32 have the data half (Music and Video)
> Hope that helps
> -Christian
Blargh, my keyboard must have got disconnected (I should change the
batteries) I meant to say 128GB, not just 8. And yes the first, tray
slot load. You have to have an 8GB partition in OSX so that none of
the system files go outside, and the partition must be at the
beginning of the drive. You should also do this partitioning for OS9
as it can become unbootable too...