On Feb 5, 2010, at 12:22 PM, Bruce Johnson wrote:

On Feb 5, 2010, at 10:14 AM, Clark Martin wrote:

It's like the railroads still having firemen on diesel engines 20 years after steamers disappeared.

I expect this to be more for public safety purposes: making sure the engineer stays awake or that someone's there to manage if the engineer croaks...a 2-mile long runaway freight train going 70 MPH is a scary frikkin' thing.

Actually,  'Antiquated Union Work Rules' (Job security //)

But then 'Unions are our friends', Right?

Chuck Davis