On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 8:01 AM, Mike Styer <mstye...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The reason that I will sleep my iMac during boot is that I sometimes will
> have to use my keyboard and mouse for other computers and I'll forget that
> there's no keyboard or mouse so I'll sleep it during boot. As far as I know,
> it is the stock internal drive. Is it safe to replace a hard drive on a G3?
> I am sleeping it by pressing the power button. The power light will pulse
> amber, but you can tell that the hard drive us pulling power because it will
> flicker when the HD revs up.

Why the Dire need to sleep during boot just because it's missing it's
keyboard and mouse? They're USB, so it'll see them once your plug them
in. it's not like ADB where it's bad to hot plug.
It is safe to replace the HDD in a G3: I did mine about a month ago,
just remember that if you're using a tray load iMac, then you'll have
to partition the drive into 2 pieces if it's above (IIRC) 8gb, and
install the WHOLE OS on the first 8GB, but you can save all your
programs and files to the 2nd partition (Flaw\feature in the IDE
controller IIRC)
Does it do this behavior when the you sleep it after fully booting?

--
-Proudly Sent from a Windows PC