Yes, it'll work nicely. We did this with my little brother's 350Mhz Blueberry, because we didn't update the firmware before installing OSX. It also allows for a DVD drive upgrade, since it has the DVD encoders that the 350Mhz boards lack.

1. Quite easy. Just open it up, and take out the logic board. It's pretty self-apperent.
2. Nope. The heat put off by 400Mhz vs. 350Mhz is... still not much.
3. Probably not much... If the logic board is bad, it probably just won't boot. I don't see how it could damage other components... It's perhaps conceivable, but not probable.

I wish I could find where my school discards old Mac stuff.....

        -Elliott Price

Quoit - Macintosh Computer Services
hobbittech.com/quoit