I have an early G3 iMac, Bondi or Blueberry, I'm not sure... slot-loading 4Gb HD 256Mb RAM 350MHz Had OS 9.1 if I remember correctly (got it secondhand about 5-6 years ago) which I upped to 9.2.2 at first, and then 2 years ago loaded Panther (OSX 10.3.9). Also have the same-era G3 Clamshell laptop (so-called 'toilet seat' haha) with roughly same specs... replaced those with G4 and G5 machines over the last 2 years, but still have the G3s Ikea'd in plain view, I swap them on and off my 4-mac lan (which includes my trusty Power Mac 8600 MacOS 8.6) occasionally. All secondhand.... don't need brand new, never did.

joshuallen wrote:
It's a slot loader with a 20GB hard drive and 256 MB of RAM. I can't
say if it's a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive. It's the model that has the
door on the back to accept an airport card or to swap out the RAM, and
2 firewire ports. I suspect that the HD and RAM must have been
upgrades. I figured out how to partition it using the full install
disk of OS 9 the guy gave me, and then I reinstalled to OS X.1. I
figured maybe it was necessary, maybe not, but either way, I'd have an
extra partition if I wanted to do a dual boot or anything. I'm
starting to get the hang of OSX now, and it runs pretty well on this
machine. I wish I could upgrade to take advantage of the software out
there, but I don't think it's in the cards, unless I see something pop
up on craigslist.