WOW!

Tina and Jim... you are simply amazing! The Optical Drive (ODD), HDD and the RAM were from OWC, so I believe they'll fit.

GREAT tip on the Battery, dust-bunnies, and the pillow on the neck! (I need a pillow on my neck too!) I thought about the battery, but got side-tracked, so this got me refocused!

I will lift the bottom as suggested as I will be generating more heat with the 7200rpm HDD. Raising it up should allow more air-flow. But aren't the new drives being made now running much cooler than they used to? I thought I recalled somewhere that the new large drives are actually running cooler than the 5400's of long ago. Ah, maybe my mind is trying to let me think the things the way I want them to be... or something like that.

As far as the thermal paste, I have heard not to over-do putting it on, but there needs to be enough the seat the parts together for proper cooling. And to definitely not block the cooling "shafts" that are in those blocks, or pads that conduct the cooling.

The thermal paste I purchased is GELID Solutions Thermal Compound. The feedback from purchasers was really good, so I chose this as it comes with a little spatula to spread the compound.

Any secrets in applying the paste to where it doesn't seep into the cooling ducts? I haven't opened it up yet, waiting for the parts and the time, so I don't know how big or small those duct holes are. I guess you could roll-up a small piece of paper and put it in the hole, then let it expand to size, then paint the paste around that. I don't know, but am open to your learned suggestions.

I just want to thank you both for taking the time out of your precious day to really go through everything! I'll say it again... y'all are simply amazing!

THANKS - GOD BLESS - HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!