I think it depends on the rest of the spec (ram,gpu) a lot as to how fast it
is, really. I have an officially supported 1ghz 12inch PowerBook with 768MB of
ram, and a dual 450 powermac with 1.75GB and if anything the powermac feels
faster most of the time, and I think they both "xbenched" within a few points
of each other too. I think osx juggling tasks between CPUs really helps. I
kinda imagine leopard will probably have a bit more long term support, even if
it's just web browsers, than tiger will.

I used leopard assist (google it!) but there are other ways if you also own a
PowerPC mac that is natively supported by leopard and a FireWire cable, let us
know if you want to know more!

Mike