I have been using Macs since the OS 7.5.5 days, and ever since, i can't stop
exploring this ever expanding realm of macs. I have since grown my
collection to 16 Macs, most of them G4 machines and most of them bought in
this year. I do miss the old days when System 7 was the flagship, so I keep
my Power Mac 6100 downstairs along with some other macs that run OS 7.6,
some run OS 7.5.3, others run tiger or OS 9.1. I use mostly Leopard machines
nowadays, but i do keep one System 7 machine in reach just in case i need to
take a trip down memory lane. I never messed around with NeXTstep too much
back in those days, i stuck with Mac OS and Systems.... until I ran into
"Rhapsody". I installed it on my Power Mac G3 Gossamer, and was surprised
that what used to be NeXTstep all looks like mac os platinum.... That was
the first time i ever thought that this would be the base for Mac OS 9.0 or
OS 10.

NeXTstep was bought out by Apple in the late OS 6 days... if i am correct.
If Apple was already undergoing plans for OS X in those days,  can imagine
Apple making plans already for Mac OS XI 11.0 or Mac OS 11.

or maybe even better,

System 11.