On Sep 24, 12:27 pm, Bruce Johnson <john...@pharmacy.arizona.edu>
wrote:
> It's too much work to worry about it manually, vastly easier to just let the
> computer do all the scutwork for me...this is why we invented the damn things.

Anal-retentive that I am, I do download all those desktop pics
manually and sort them them by size for my different computers and/or
monitors. Then of course I sort them out by themes, and so forth. It
is time-consuming, and I agree that it is unnecessary in most cases.
But that's just me.

I have a collection of fractal desktop pictures (to go with Electric
Sheep when I'm in full fractal mode), and I find that sometimes
"Stretch to fit" produces interesting results...