from my experience, I have never had a problem with my iMac G5 Rev A, but
some of my friends who had Rev.A iMacs did have Power Supply problems, and
sometimes it did make a noise, sometimes it didn't. Check inside your iMac
to see if any of your capacitors aren't broken.

--
 Sent from my iMac G4 1.25Ghz
"It's anyway, anyhow, anywhere you choose it." -Me