On 10-11-24 2:25 PM, Dan wrote:
Out of the millions of Mac users, there are maybe a handful of loud people having problems...
I don't think it's being loud to mention a problem. My wife installed the update but she only uses her computer to float around the internet, email her friends and use Microsoft Mac Word and play a few games. Her application folder has what Apple installer installed plus her purchases of Microsoft's Mac Word and some games. As long as she can start it up, run those services and then shut down she is happy. She does not even do repair permissions or directory. I'm sure there are many other similar users and of course they make very limited use of their computers or demands on the cpu and naturally the update is fine on their machines and if not they would simply re-install.

I depend on all my macs in my audio/video recording business and if they go wonkey then i have problems completing projects. . Reinstalling is a major pain in the studio here. Discussing the update problems affecting my high end Audio/video applications would have a limited audience at this forum.

Sorry if my question seems trivial or loud but were else can one ask about Mac problems if not at a forum such as this. This forum is of great help to me as it gives me assurance that i am not the only person with an updating problem. It has also taught me many things i was not aware of. My expertise is not with computers.