Here's the procedure:

http://lowendmac.com/osx/leopard/openfirmware.html

Another way I have used is to put the low spec machine in target disk
mode, then attaching it to a Mac that is in spec, and installing it
using that Mac, but putting the install on the external disk (i.e. the
disk of the Mac in target disk mode). The in-spec Mac would have to be
a PPC machine - if it were an Intel machine, you need to go through an
intermediary step of installing to an external drive, and then cloning
that drive to the low-spec Mac (this is because OSX will only install
on a GUID partition when the installer is run on Intel hardware, and
PPC Macs don't do GUID partitions)

On 30 November 2010 08:09, Dave <cubs1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Could someone kindly remind me how to fool the OS into installing on the
> above machine?
> Maybe I'd be better advised just leaving Tiger on, but... the call of the
> wild... I can't resist.

bleep - bleep - bleep