Hey Bruce...

On Apr 15, 2011, at 1:18 PM, Bruce Johnson wrote:

> Are these PDF's created by OS X or PDF's created by Acrobat? Try Printing
> them from Acrobat reader, clicking the 'Advanced' button and checking the box
> 'Print as Image'.

Files downloaded from the interwebs. ;-) I don't have the reader... using
Acrobat X Pro.
Tried printing from Safari directly... nope. Saved to the desktop, opened in
Acrobat... nope.

> We've had a bunch of problems with newer Adobe-created PDF's doing this kind
> of crap on both PC's and Macs.

I downloaded a file, modified it and it printed alright.

> If you try to print from Print Preview do you get the error? If so, then it's
> a printing issue in OS X. Try logging in as a different user and printing a
> PDF; if that user has the problme, then it's a system issue, and re-applying
> the latest combvo update will fix it.

One of them printed fine from Preview... only one I've tried so far. I'm
downloading the combo update. I'll check back in to let ya know how it worked.

> If that doesn't fix it and it's a systemic issue (all users have the problem)
> delete and re-add your printers, making sure that you've got the
> latest&greatest drivers; Apple's put out some printing updates recently that
> I don't think are in the combo system update.

Amanda