On Jan 23, 2012, at 2:58 PM, Kim wrote:

>  Gotta love bureaucrats with nothing to offer!

Dan just gave you a very concise explanation as to why this software a) doesn't
work well and b) isn't likely to.

There are, as a rule, only five places to look for program remnants on a Mac:

(Adobe and Microsoft apps routinely violate these rules, but both offer
dedicated updaters and uninstall programs)

1) /Applications for the application itself
2) /Library/Application Support -- where system wide application things go
3) /Library/Preferences -- system wide pref files for stuff
4) /Users/<your user name>/Application Support
5) /Users/<your user name>/Preferences

The vast majority of applications will only have files in 1 and 5.

MOST applications these days offer either automated support checks (off the top
of my head among programs I use:BBEdit, VirtualBox, Firefox, Thunderbird,
Graphic Converter, Adobe Design Suite and Acrobat and Microsoft Office,
DBVisualizer..and those are just the ones in the dock.)

No third party program can possibly keep track, and a program that attaches
itself to your trash is well able to bork your system good.

> Keep up the good work! By the way is there no rule on supercilious
> signatures? Not even when they are very pale grey?
>  Kim

Dan's signature is only pale gray because your email client renders it as such.
His emails are always sent in plain text....

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona