This nice ol computer is my trusty mainstay in our business and online
activities and has been reliably performing for all that time.  BUT this
weekend, I could not get it to turn on.  There seemed to be just a hint of a
clicking sound (just a few quiet sounds) but zip else.  I've opened up the box
but it looks clean and shows no signs of obvious problems.  So I'm worried that
the micro-center repair orientation is going to want to tell me that it's time
to replace it.  Totally. Maybe.. or not.

In any case, the only clue that I can come up with is that over the previous
two weeks there were two incidents where the system seemed to shut down while I
had it in 'sleep mode', making it impossible to get it to wake up.  Didn't
respond to the little kick-starter button below the power button either (but
the power button was still glowing, though not when I try to start it up now).
I simply pulled the plug and the started over and it seemed fine, but no more.

Does this sound impossible to decently fix?  The website searches suggest a
power module replacement OR a motherboard.  One said a computer could just be
stuck in sleep mode even after being turned off, tho it didn't say it was a
Mac.  Is there any more specs that would be useful?  We've put a new
motherboard, disk drives and other stuff into other computers but that was
ancient history.  Don't want to lose this machine.  Using my daughter's own
computer (not Mac or I'd be able to access my files at least) and I've got
projects on hold til I can get back in business, ttyl

TIA
MJ Raichyk
Mount Orab OH 45154