Recently purchased new Mac book pro. Want to transfer files from old iBook G4
running Mac OSX.  10.4.11, 1.07GHz power PC G4,1.25 GB DDR SDRAM  but migration
assistant tells me the operating system on the iBook needs to be upgraded
however it is the latest system available for this hardware, I believe.

Also I have a Toshiba terabyte external hard drive that every other Mac in the
house can see but not the new MacBook pro. I have reformatted it by the MacBook
pro but still unable to get it to work.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Really love the help you all give to each other
and although I am a technotard and don't understand half of it I really enjoy
this board and hope to eventually learn a little more.

-M-