On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 4:22 AM, Stuart <stuar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My G5 20" would not connect to my wireless ADSL Router. Tried to update the
> system, (10.5.8) but needed to install 10.5.6 first. I believe (rather late
> at night)  I clicked 'Archive & Install' but disclicked on 'save network
> settings' as I wanted new network drivers installed.
> 465 G HD is showing 191 G available so 275 g on disk - I presume there is
> much more on drive than just 10.5.6.
> How can I find old sys & files? Old sys is not offered on 'select startup
> disk'

Wiping the OS was probably a little premature in your troubleshooting
process; have you checked your router's settings? Specifically, make
sure it's in "mixed" b/g/n mode, as the Airport Extreme cards in the
G5 iMacs only support b/g Wireless. Also, make sure that the
encryption/password settings you are using will work as well; WPA/WPA2
should work fine with your G5.

I would also run Software Update and make sure you have the latest
version of Leopard (10.5.8) and the Airport software.

--
[Greg Bennett]
-Independent Carpenter, Electrician & Lighting Designer

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iMac
Group" group.
to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.