> On Dec 29, 2014, at 9:38 PM, TVirkkala <multi...@wirkman.com> wrote:
>
> I don’t want a home device. I want a small office or large-office printer.
> All it needs is an ability to print from Ethernet, WAN and via Airport.

HP has some very nice color laser printers:
<http://store.hp.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/us/en/pdp/printers/hp-laserjet-pro-400-color-printer-m451dw>
 We’ve had good luck with their products over the years…just never buy their
low-end devices.

Another brand we’ve had good luck with are Brother laser printers. Again, don’t
buy the low end.

For this level of use you really don’t want an inkjet. Laser printers are much
costlier upfront, but much cheaper on a per-page cost. We had a HP5 workgroup
winter that cost several hundred dollars to feed toner, but would print 10-30K
pages on a toner set.

Another thing to think of is Xerox’s solid pigment printers
<http://www.office.xerox.com/solid-ink/solid-ink-printers/enus.html> they’re
even cheaper per page than laser printers.

> Any recommendations?
>
> The people I’m around all like Epsons, and I’m saddened to learn, here, of
> the mostly negative rep Epson has. As I understand it, Epson has some of the
> lowest ink refill prices around… so cost of maintenance should be low.

Epson inks are cheaper because the print head isn’t included. This means you
don’t pay for a new one every time you change carts, on the other hand, this
also means you don’t get a new print head every time you replace the cart…I’ve
seen more Epson’s die over clogged or malfunctioning heads than any other
reason.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iMac
Group" group.
to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.