Worth remembering is that they won't have the horsepower to play a lot of
modern video files, but they oughta handle streaming them to a device that
will, if that makes sense?

Music will be fine though, and phone/ipad as a remote control would be nifty.
Good homework/writing computer. Flash runs like an inside out dog on them, so
less distractions for the kids.

—
Mike Linnett
07515877812
http://notacello.net

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 10:02 PM, steveC <st...@craftsathome.net> wrote:

> Along those lines, I got a little “second wind” from my Graphite DV by
> attaching a TV tuner to it and watching TV through it. Once Comcast went
> full-digital, that was no longer an option, so my unit is also looking or
> something else to do. It might make a decent terminal for another computer in
> the house (ie running a remote desktop technology to access one of the more
> modern computers in the house) but the resolution is not all that high these
> days to do that.
>
> I think letting it act as some kind of media player is a decent role. You
> might want to Google/Bing around a bit for other ideas…

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iMac
Group" group.
to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.