Il giorno 17/07/17 20:28, "mike.ansberry1...@gmail.com" ha scritto:

> I tried to use the patcher to install Sierra on my early 2009 iMac running
> 10.7.5.
I  know it's not my business, but... why "forcing" an OS over a machine
that's *eight* years older than the OS? I think that OS wouldn't run well
anyway.

> I tried to put it on a partition that used to house BootCamp after
> I reformatted it to an acceptable format.  The machine crashed.  Now all I
> get is a gray "no" sign.
The Sierra installation probably messed up the partition scheme, so now the
booting firmware cannot find the "good" OSX (10.7.5) - even if it's still
there.

> It won't boot using any of the short cuts to make it select another drive.
I assume you did a backup on an external drive.
Did you try to boot from that external drive, holding the Option (Alt) key
at boot?
If you can, then you can try using Disk Utility to fix your internal HD; you
might need to initialize that HD, though (depending on how messed up the
partition scheme is).

But you better wait for more informed opinions about this matter.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iMac
Group" group.
to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.