On Jul 18, 2017, at 10:49 AM, GMail Valter Psicof
<valter.psi...@gmail.com<mailto:valter.psi...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Il giorno 17/07/17 20:28,
"mike.ansberry1...@gmail.com<mailto:mike.ansberry1...@gmail.com>" ha scritto:

I tried to use the patcher to install Sierra on my early 2009 iMac running
10.7.5.
I  know it's not my business, but... why "forcing" an OS over a machine
that's *eight* years older than the OS? I think that OS wouldn't run well
anyway.

Because that iMac was just under the cutoff for that version of the OS (late
2009 imacs made the cut, and there really isn’t much difference hardware-wise
between the two). It runs Yosemite just fine; so it’s not a huge stretch to
try, and this has been widely published:

<http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/how-install-macos-sierra-on-older-mac-3654960/>
the tool itself:

<http://dosdude1.com/sierrapatch.html>

Also detailed instructions are there, such as what to do if you get a “NO”
symbol after installing…

Follow the directions carefully, folks, when handling digital power tools!

It won't boot using any of the short cuts to make it select another drive.

This is more troubling, because even if the internal disk is fubar this should
still work.

All I can suggest is try resetting the PRAM (boot while holding down
command-option-P-R for a couple boot chime cycles) and seeing if that works to
allow booting from an external volume.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iMac
Group" group.
to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.