I guess I missed that iOS 10.3 requires Sierra, good thing I haven't upgraded
my iPhone 6 yet! Unless I do some upgrades on my 2008 iMac I am NOT doing
Sierra.

Russell Courtenay
July is national what month?
tinyurl.com/julybeans

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 31, 2017, at 11:06 PM, mike.ansberry1...@gmail.com wrote:
>

>> Sorry it took so long to get back to you guys.  Life has been busy.
> I was able to resurrect my iMac.  I found a way to eject the stuck Snow
> Leopard disc and put in an install disc that I found in the original Apple
> Care package that came with the computer and boot from it holding down the C
> key.  From there I was able to clean up some of the mess with disk utilities.
>  I have been back up and running for about a week.
>
> Why do I want to run Sierra on this old computer?  I need to have Sierra
> running to connect my iPhone 5S to the iMac so I can load my music and other
> stuff on the phone using iTunes.  My iphone is running on ios 10.3 and it
> will not connect with the iMac running 10.7.5.  I don't have a good enough
> reason to spend $1500+ on a new computer.  This old iMac runs great on 10.7.
> It does a good job of making videos and burning them, running my music
> editing and recording software, and just about anything else I need done.
> No point in buying a new machine.
>
> But I do still want to put Sierra on a partition on an external drive so I
> can link up my phone.  I guess I must have done something wrong on the
> previous attempt.  I am going to give it another try tomorrow.  I'll read
> through the literature on using the install patch again and hopefully I won't
> screw it up this time.
>
> ---
> "iMac Group" group.
> email to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iMac
Group" group.
to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.