Bruce Johnson, thanks for that information! I will go back to the Apple
Appstore and check on the requirements for various apps.

After watching a video by Luke Miani on Youtube, I've been considering
buying a mid 2010 MacBook Pro with 2.66Ghz Core i7 8Gb RAM fitted. I have
some doubts about this, though.

Can you advise me ASAP what I can and can't do with this model of Mac? I
heard that it could run a patched version of macOS Big Sur, but that this
would mean no graphics acceleration causing Safari to take 14 seconds to
open a window and it either can't do Airplay, or not on a particular
version of macOS.  Here's that video by Luke Miani...
https://youtu.be/4_AzUtG9h9k