Just FYI - ODBC is a real pain to configure if the database is not on the
same machine, getting the permissions right is almost impossible... I had a
couple machines I never could make the connection on. Try moving the
database to the machine you are setting up ODBC on and get it working there,
then move it and work out the permissions afterward.

http://www.ipswitch.com/support/IMail/guide/imailug801/Chapter%202%20config1