This looks like a "dictionary attack". The concept is that a spammer
will attempt to send the message to nearly random addresses from a list
(dictionary) of probable names/addresses.

In practice (lately) they don't pay much attention to which ones get
delivered and which ones don't, but there are some who will track those
messages that actually do get delivered and then add those to lists for
sale.

There's nothing you can really do about this... though it is an
opportunity to set up spam traps if you're interested in that.

Hope this helps,
_M