<snip>
Len Said:
**************
Is the reason that people here want to play nice with these
criminals/gangs/thieves is that you run a web hosting service yourself and
have no way to validate that your customers are strictly legit?

Len
**************

I run a web hosting service, and I can validate that no spam is being sent
from our servers, which I wouldn't tolerate at all. One time and that
customer will be sent packing.

What I would resent is if that client that knows how we feel hired someone
else to do it for him, then Lycos attacks his site on our server without
warning to us that he is doing it. This would hurt all of the clients on
that server until I figure on which site is being attacked and take it
offline. Even then, without warning how would I know why it's being attacked
if I don't know he hired a spammer?

On the other hand if I am warned with proof and was too stupid to do
something about it, then by all means I deserve the attack. The thing is
that most of us would do something if we have proof one of our clients are
doing this. That is why it's wrong to attack without warning.

Perhaps I should type slower so everyone will have the time to wrap their
minds around this concept and see where it could be wrong? Just kidding
please do not take offense as no disrespect was intended :) I just think
Lycos needs to make warn before they strike to prevent the unknowing and the
innocent from suffering for what one client does without them knowing about
it. This is not that hard to understand and should be the only ethical and
logical approach on our minds. I'll say it again, if Lycos does notify
first, count me in we have lots of machines to install the SCR on.

>From now on I am going to try to not read anymore of this nonsense, no
promise because you get to know the rational deeper thinking people from the
ones that are intelligent, but can't think our of the box. Everyone here has
some good points and is obviously pretty smart people. However sometimes any
of us can overlook the obvious and jump into something without enough for
thought. Case in point, the ICS or nothing option :)

Ted