Just out of curiosity.

"people take the law into their own hands"

Which law would you be referring to?

At 10:14 PM 12/1/2004, you wrote:
Least I know someone is reading these :) Sorry, I didn't mean to yank
anyone's chain and I am really not the other word for a mule as you
indicated. I am an honest hardworking kind of guy.

I was merely making a comparison of where people take the law into their own
hands, which is not right. KKK members are fed by hate and conviction for
what they believe in. They lack the capacity to look beyond their hate. I
didn't call anyone anything I was just comparing this Lycos approach to a
lynch mob mentality like KKK. Agree or not, fools rush in, where wise people
think it over first. I've read their site, when it was available, and feel
they are on a witch hunt and I don't blame anyone for that, spammers are the
scum of the Internet along with those who profit from hosting them. However
I think that deeper thinkers are not going to just assume they are attacking
only the names on reputable black lists as indicated and give this approach
some more thought before they jump on the bandwagon.

Just reread the original posts on this and you will see what I meant by
lynch mob mentality. First instinct for many of us that are tired of
fighting the spammers (self included) was hop right on it without further
thought. That is how lynch mobs get started. After reading about it and
considering how it could be wrong I've decided against it and I'm trying to
get everyone else to see why. Now if you feel that makes me that back end of
a mule as indicated in your first sentence please kiss one for me :)

Please note, no good guys were harmed in the making of this post :)

Seriously, I don't mean any harm to anyone nor am I slinging mud at people
who don't think like I do. Hope there is no further hard feelings as I never
intended to create any and that is not my nature. Just want people to think
about what they may be doing before they actually do it. That is all!