On Tue, 4 Oct 2005, Jean-Luc Wasmer wrote:
I'm trying to make imap work with pam_ldap... when I log in, I can see the search for the user info being requested on the ldap server. The server replies with one entry (which is correct). Unfortunately, the imapd denies the login but I don't have much info.

Have you defined PAM authentication rules for IMAP in /etc/pam.d/imap?

Is the user defined in /etc/passwd? LDAP is only used to get the encrypted password; everything else still comes from the passwd file.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.