Am Mittwoch, 5. Oktober 2005 07:13 schrieb Mark Crispin:
> On Wed, 5 Oct 2005, Jean-Luc Wasmer wrote:
> >> Is the user defined in /etc/passwd?
> >
> > no but I have nss_ldap which works fine.
>
> The user must be defined in /etc/passwd.  Each user must have a UNIX UID
> assigned.

I suppose imapd isn't reading the /etc/passwd file directly, but using the
appropriate functions to access it.
At least it does on all out different SuSE systems.
The nss_ldap enables all applications to see the ldap users.
'getent passwd' should show all users.

Here everything works fine on SuSE 9.0 which still is based on
2002d.

/etc/pam.d/imap
#%PAM-1.0
auth            required        pam_unix2.so
account         required        pam_unix2.so

/etc/security/pam_unix2.conf
auth:   use_ldap nullok
account:        use_ldap
password:       use_ldap nullok