Mark,

I was wondering about something now that this issue has come up... I seem to recall that a release announcement or some such message indicated there should be some performance improvement in the operation of 2006 imap. After you complete this fix do you expect the performance of the traditional UNIX mailbox format to be a) the same as 2004g, b) better than 2004g or c) worse than 2004g ??? I doubt it's the last one but will it be better than 2004g?

thanks,
David

Mark Crispin wrote:
I have discovered and verified the cause of the performance problem with traditional UNIX mailbox files.

I am developing a fix, and expect to release imap-2006b with the fix on Friday.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.