In regard to: Re: [Imap-uw] 2006d Solaris 64 bit compile issues, Mark...:

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006, Tim Mooney wrote:
The other option might be to add an
#include <crypt.h> in at least os_soln.h -- I checked Solaris 2.7 - 2.10,
and they all have crypt.h that has prototypes for crypt() and related
functions that are visible as long as __STDC__ is defined.

Normally, I prefer to have any crypt() prototyping done in the osdep.c file rather than the osdep.h file, since that won't impact other stuff that uses osdep.h. And, if there's a crypt.h, I prefer to do that instead of explicit prototypes....

So I've put in an include of crypt.h in os_sol.c and see if there are any dinosaur Solaris systems that don't have it.

Ok, sounds good.  Hopefully I haven't broken anything for people still
using Solaris 2.6.  I've verified that Solaris 2.7 and later have it.

There are other prototypes that are missing (not visible) for various
files (especially mlock.c), but so far none of them seem to be causing
the same trouble that the missing prototype for crypt() was.

I'd like to know what these are.

Ok, I'll send you a complete build log off-list.

Thanks,

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]